Hugs Urban Farm is proud to announce an exciting new local food delivery program. Freshly grown microgreens, delivered to your door, year round – on a cancel-anytime subscription basis. And during the main growing season, each delivery will include 1-2 other greens from our farm such as salad mix, herbs, kale, swiss chard, collard greens, arugula, spinach, or braising mix.
Microgreens are young plant shoots around 7-20 days old. They are tender and packed with flavor and nutrition. In fact, a 2012 nutritional analysis study by the University of Maryland found that microgreens were 4-40 times more nutrient-dense than their mature counterparts (https://agnr.umd.edu/news/mighty-microgreens). So eating a cup of radish microgreens is similar to eating 30-40 cups of mature radishes, as they were some of the most nutritious in the study. Subscribe and throw out your multi-vitamins!
We are offering a limited number of subscriptions in 2016. This is how the subscription works:
- Your home or workplace must be within our delivery area, CLICK HERE FOR DELIVERY AREA
- If you are not within our delivery area, CLICK HERE TO GET ON THE WAIT LIST, and once enough people in your area express interest, we will begin delivery to your neighborhood.
- Choose to receive a share once or twice per month, or a large flat of cut-yourself live greens (just cut as you use) once or twice per month
- We rotate the variety of microgreens to keep things interesting! Varieties include Sweet Pea, Sunflower, Radish, Mild Mix, Spicy Mix, Bread & Butter Mix, Arugula, and more.
- You get a free digital PDF copy of our Microgreens Recipe Book!
All greens are grown without chemicals, and with love. Microgreens are all grown at our farms home base on the near west side of Bloomington, and other greens are grown at our home base or one of our other local in-town plots.
Sign up now and take your health to the next level in 2016 and beyond. Call us at 812-899-0005 if you have any questions before beginning.
After checking out, you will receive a welcome email with more details about the program and our delivery schedule.